Providing Tax and Consulting Solutions to Our Friends in the Oil Patch
As development continues to accelerate in the oil patch of Western North Dakota and Eastern Montana, the ability for local accounting firms to adequately service the demand for accounting and tax services has declined. The ability of these firms to attract and retain qualified staff has been a challenge. The opportunity for new firms to get established and satisfy demand is nearly impossible due to the shortage of adequate housing. Providing business consulting, tax services, accounting assistance, and financial planning services in the Bakken takes a specialized level of knowledge and experience.
At Fiebiger, Swanson, West & Co., we are uniquely positioned to provide exceptional advice and personal service to our clients in the oil patch. Many long-time Bakken residents are having difficulty finding local CPAs. Additionally, many oil patch workers and business owners are now making Fargo “home base,” choosing to raise their families in a calmer, more family-friendly environment. With the assistance of technology and our close proximity to the Bakken area, we are serving the financial needs of our clients in “the patch.” We also have multiple staff members with roots in the Bakken.
In addition to our traditional tax planning and business consulting services, we offer expertise in the following areas specific to many residents of Western North Dakota and Eastern Montana:
- Oil & Gas Working Interest Taxation
- Oil & Gas Royalty Interest Taxation
- Oil & Gas Cost Depletion Calculations
- Tax Planning for Land Sales and Oil & Gas Leases
- Entity Selection or Trust Planning for Family Oil & Gas Properties
- Consulting & Tax Planning for Businesses Operating in the Bakken
- Retirement Plan Design to Maximize Tax Deductions for Business Owners
- Business Valuations and Assistance with Sales and Acquisitions
- Estate Planning and Inheritance Issues Unique to Owners of Oil & Gas Properties
- Estate Planning and Inheritance Issues Unique to Farmers and Owners of Large Land Parcels
- Farm Taxation
- Personal Financial Planning / Planning for Sudden Wealth
Please give us a call at (701) 280-2100 to discuss your personal situation. Experience the advisory relationship you’ve been searching for. Experience the client service you deserve.